We have fabulous cakes on the blog today with the fabulous *Delovely Cakes*
Jane Aubrey, founder and creative designer of *Delovely Cakes* has revolutionised wedding cakes to make spectacular features and centrepieces to compliment a couple’s wedding decor. Delovely Cakes creates wonderfully unique, stunningly elegant, vintage inspired wedding cakes.
Each cake is handmade and decorated by Jane who pays such wonderful attention to detail. The finished piece not only looks breathtaking but the taste is truly divine with the amazing variety of flavours that Delovely Cakes offer. Jane’s exquisite creativity and skill combined with her delightful personality, means that every cake she creates is completely personalised to each couple’s style.
Jane’s cake studio, based in Royal Leamington Spa, is utterly charming and hosts cake tastings and classes.
Cake tastings are £10 per person and are absolutely perfect for discussing with Jane your ideas, wedding theme, style and the kind of design and flavours you envisage for your wedding cake. Please see Delovely Cake Tastings for more information.
Delovely Cakes are now offering cake and confection classes, in which you can learn to make the perfect adornments to turn an ordinary cake into a spectacle, such as learning to make handmade blooms and leaves. There is opportunity to decorate cupcakes and cookies, which would be perfect for personalised wedding favours and various techniques for celebration and wedding cakes. This would be a wonderful experience for baking and design enthusiasts but also for brides and the bridal party who want to have a personalised wedding cake. For more information, please see Delovely Cakes Tuition
Jane has kindly agreed to offer today’s *Pearls of Wedding Wisdom* for choosing a wedding cake.
* How did De Lovely Cakes begin?
Out of an interest and passion in baking, design and creativity.
* What can De Lovely Cakes offer to couples?
A bespoke and personal service
* If you had to describe De Lovely Cakes in three words, what would they be?
Passionate, Beautiful, Delicious
* Why do you believe couples should choose to have a wedding cake?
Tradition dictates the cutting of the cake symbolises the start of couples marriage together.
* How should couples go about looking for a wedding cake supplier?
Recommendation would be the best, wedding shows , bridal magazines and online to give inspiration and ideas.
* How far in advance of the wedding should couples book an appointment for a cake tasting?
Tastings are held in our Cake room in Royal Leamington Spa by appointment only. We ask engaged couples to book as soon as possible if the wedding is between May and September. In the past some couples have booked one and even two years ahead to secure the wedding date in the diary.
* What information do you need from the couple before a cake tasting?
The date of the wedding and to help us guide couples to find their perfect cake we ask if they bring any samples of fabric, colours and pictures of flowers that inspire you.
* What are your top three tips for selecting a wedding cake?
1. Tastings – Make sure it tastes delicious.
2. Budget – Could your wedding cake also be served as your desert or with your evening buffet
3. Venue – Check with your venue where the cake table is situated and you are happy with it for your photos.
* How much on average should couples set aside for their wedding cake?
Most of the couples I meet have a budget of around £500.00 . Depending on how many hand crafted sugar and chocolate blooms are required in the design, the price will rise accordingly.
* If couples do not want a traditional tiered wedding cake, what other alternatives are there?
Our Mille Fleur Cupcakes are very popular with couples. Made in chocolate and decorated with hand made chocolate roses and blooms. They can also can be used as favours.
* What is the most unusual wedding cake you have made?
I would say all the cakes I have made are quite classic with a contemporary twist, however I have just taken on a commission for 2015 which will be adorned with hundreds of sugar rose blooms.
With many thanks to Jane at *Delovely Cakes* for offering today’s *Pearls of Wedding Wisdom*.
*Telephone: 01926 889586