Posted in: Afternoon Teas On: May 6, 2015
We have *A Whimsical Mad Hatters Afternoon Tea* in store for you today at the *Sanderson*
This Alice in Wonderland themed afternoon tea would be perfect for a bridal shower or sophisticated hen party. It is filled with quirky flavours and British eccentricity.
The Sanderson is a modern, chic and stylish hotel in Fitzrovia, London.
The wonderful setting of the Courtyard Garden enhances the afternoon tea experience greatly with its lush greenery and its open air sanctuary.
The fabulous attention to detail really makes it feel like you have ‘tumbled down the rabbit hole’ and entered in the marvellous world of the mad hatter:
* Menus are hidden inside vintage books
* Napkins are wrapped in riddles
* Tea is served in specially designed Luna & Curious crockery adorned with clocks, kings, queens, birds and zebras.
* Sugar cubes are served in ballerina musical boxes
The afternoon tea menu is as tasty and quirky as they come. Sandwiches are delicious and served on the most fabulous array of breads, including: lemon, spinach, dark rye, and sundried tomato.
The aroma of freshly baked scones fills the room, whilst the herb butter accompaniment is just sublime.
The sweet afternoon tea selection is where this comes into its own:
* Carrot Merengue Served On A Bed Of Pea Shoots
* Green Tea & White Chocolate Mousse Served In A Chocolate Tea Cup
* Melting Mango Cheesecake
* Strawberries & Cream Homemade Marshmallow Mushrooms
* Tick Tock Traditional Victoria Sponge
There is also a rather dreamy table named ‘Jelly Wonderland’ containing a selection of exotic flavours that you can indulge in.
The range of teas on offer are just incredible and contain all sorts of wonderful flavours, including apple pie, strawberries and cream, rhubarb and custard and mint choc chip.
Afternoon tea is served daily and the menus range from £38-£58. A definite must visit!