It is a *Fabulous Friday* and today’s wedding decor inspiration features the use of birdcages at weddings.
Birdcages are really pretty, have a vintage look to them and can be used in a variety of ways at a wedding. Below are some ideas for how to decorate a wedding birdcage style – please click the images to source the products online:
* Hanging style – birdcages can be hung from trees, beams, roofs, tops of marquees to create a real spectacle. These mini ones from the *Wedding Mall* are just so sweet and a really cost effective way of decorating.
* Centrepieces – can be used as an alternative to vases/fishbowls/pots/baskets etc and flowers can be displayed in them or feathers/butterflies etc can be used to adorn them. Or they could be used in a larger centrepiece arrangement. These gorgeous ivory birdcages from *Confetti* would be perfect filled with flowers to match your colour scheme.
* Aisle Liners – they can be used with flowers to line the aisle of your ceremony venue either freestanding, on shepherd hooks or on pillars/columns. These lovely birdcages from *Confetti* would be perfect for lining an aisle. They are versatile to apply to any colour scheme and could be placed on a stand, hung or would even work on the ground.
* Freestanding – birdcages could be used to mark entrances to doors/ceremonies/reception venues or could be dotted around. *Essential Wedding Hire* has a vast selection of birdcages available for hire.
* Tealight Holders – a really lovely way of creating mood lighting would be to use birdcage tealight holders, and the *Wedding Mall* offers this stunning birdcage which would be perfect for a table or around the reception room.
* Favour Boxes – there are now birdcage shaped favour boxes that can be used to house your wedding favours. *Lisa Angel Wedding* has these beautiful favour boxes that come in packs of ten.
* Cake Topper – you can use a mini birdcage to top your wedding cake. This lovely cake from *The Sugar Fairy* uses the birdcage cake topper beautifully.
* Cake Stand – having your cake designed to be featured in a birdcage could be a lovely idea like this beautiful one from *Cupadee Cakes*
* Confectionary Stand – if you are making your own dessert/candy table – using a pretty stand could really set your table up beautifully. This birdcage stand from *Lakeland* could be the perfect enhancement.
* Table Numbers – if you want to use table numbers but would like a much more creative way of displaying them then you could attach numbers to birdcages or these shabby chic table number holders from *Luck and Luck* would be fabulous.
* Wedding Card Holder – they can be used as a way of storing wedding cards on the day, rather than just having a pile of cards on the table. This lovely ivory card holder from *Ginger Ray* would compliment a vintage wedding perfectly.
* Seating Plan – using a birdcage as the basis for your seating plan. This pretty table plan is available from *Not on the High Street*
* Place Name Holder – place name holders are a great way of jazzing up a table and these lovely ones from *Favours Mart* are fab.
* Theme – if you have fallen in love with the idea of having birdcages at your wedding, then they could even be used as your wedding theme/style/inspiration and as you can see from the list above there is a great variety of birdcage themed products that could be used to inspire your wedding decor. It would tie in beautifully with a bird themed wedding also, as we saw last week with Adam and Sam’s *Pretty Pastels and Beautiful Birds* gorgeous wedding. Bird cages also compliment lots of other wedding styles such as pastels, spring, summer, country garden and floral inspired weddings.
*Real Wedding Inspiration*
For our own wedding, we sourced small and large cream birdcages that were embellished with cream roses, leaves and butterflies. We added a touch of extra sparkle!
We filled the birdcages with hydrangea flowers: the small ones were hung from the trees on the lawn outside the marquee and the large ones were put them on top of cream pillars to signify the entrance to the marquee and the entrance to the lawn.
We also decorated a large cream birdcage with sparkle, pearls and lace to put our wedding cards in. This is also a lovely keepsake which I now keep in my vintage style dressing room.
Hopefully you are now feeling birdcage inspired!!
* Confetti – http://www.confetti.co.uk/shop/
* Essential Wedding Hire – http://www.essentialweddinghire.com/
* Favours Mart – http://www.favoursmart.co.uk/
* Lakeland – http://www.lakeland.co.uk/
* Lisa Angel – http://www.lisaangel.co.uk/
* Luck and Luck – http://www.luckandluck.co.uk/
* Not on the High Street – http://www.notonthehighstreet.com/
* Wedding Mall – http://www.weddingmall.co.uk/
Next week | Another real wedding feature *A Gorgeous Green Garden*