Posted in: Perfect Proposals On: December 3, 2014
We have another beautiful story *Proposal in a Thai Paradise* featuring Lawson-Wright Studios.
* Who: Adam and Sam
* Where: A destination proposal – A small private island just off Koh Samui, Thailand. Wow now that is a rather stunning location!
* When: Easter 2012
* Their Story: Adam and Sam met in 2005 during their first year at Durham University; they were next door neighbours in their halls. We love a story of university sweethearts!
* The Proposal: Adam had arranged a boat trip during their holiday and Sam added that he “was obsessed with it being a private trip. I was happy to go ahead with a group trip but in the end he got his way.” They went snorkelling and then they enjoyed a delicious lunch on a little island. “Having eaten Adam suggested going for a stroll to explore, it was during the stroll that he got down on one knee!”
* The Groom’s Take: “There was never a doubt in my mind that I would propose – at a high level I suspect I had considered it for a couple of years before doing it but ultimately there did not seem to be a rush. In fact the more people that mentioned it, the less appealing it seemed! In terms of making the next step to actually planning the proposal, I decided to do it a month or two before our holiday to Thailand. I wanted to propose somewhere that was special to us and as the first real piece of travelling we did was to Thailand when we were younger, and we had enjoyed it so much, it felt the right place to do it. Having decided that it would happen in Thailand, I waited until we were there to decide on the appropriate moment and when the opportunity came along to take a private snorkelling boat out to a remote island it felt too good an opportunity to miss so I proposed. Luckily she said yes (otherwise I joked I would have left her on the island)!” What a wonderful insight from the proposer – excellent work Adam – this is certainly a memorable and impressive proposal!
* The Unsuspicious Bride: “I had no idea that he would propose then. Everyone had been asking me before if I thought that he might and he’d shown no interest whatsoever. Once we arrived at the hotel he said that he’d forgotten to bring a shirt and so I was convinced that there was no way he was going to propose (I’d imagined it’d be over a nice evening dinner if it was going to happen!)”
* Proposal Love: “I loved that it was so personal, just the two of us in the middle of an island in the sea, I really liked that it was unexpected too – I think I might have been a bit nervous otherwise!”
* The Engagement Ring: Adam and Sam had never properly spoken about rings but Sam had made it quite clear to Adam that she wanted to choose her own! She was delighted with her choice: a white gold engagement ring, princess cut diamond complete with small princess cut diamonds on either side.
* Describe the proposal in 3 words: Unexpected, private, perfect!
* Announcement of the Engagement: Adam and Sam texted close family and friends whilst they were away on holiday and then facebook let everyone else know. “I think we might have kept it to ourselves for one evening when we went out for a celebratory dinner.”
* Reactions to the Engagement: Everyone was incredibly excited for Adam and Sam and they had a few ‘about time’ comments too!
* Celebration of the Engagement: Adam and Sam celebrated their engagement with cocktails and dinner at a small Thai restaurant near the hotel. Sounds so wonderful!!
* Best Thing about Being Engaged: “The excitement of thinking about the future and planning what would happen next!”
* Engagement Shoot: Adam and Sam had an engagement shoot in Halifax about a year after the proposal. Their wedding photographer – Lawson-Wright Studios organised this and did a wonderful job at capturing the engagement. Adam and Sam used this opportunity to visit the church and venue where they would get married and have their reception. Sam stated, “It was a bit of a dry run through before the day itself!”
* What Sparkle Pearls and Lace love about this: What a fabulous story! Such a beautiful location, photographs to cherish for a lifetime and so much thought put into the proposal by Adam. The private boat and remote island is just stunning – such a private location for such a special moment. This teamed with the fact that Thailand had been such a special place for them is so lovely!
Thank you so much to Adam and Sam for featuring their gorgeous proposal story, we love it!
Our *Fabulous Friday* feature this week will showcase Adam and Sam’s beautiful wedding day.