Today is a *Wonderful Wedding Wednesday* and we are super excited to feature *The Word is Love*
* Want the ultimate ‘wedding sparkle’?
* Want that ‘wedding wow factor’?
* Want to create beautiful wedding photos to cherish?
* Want something unique and bespoke at your wedding?
We have THE answer to ALL of these questions…
*The Word is Love* offers a wonderful selection of freestanding and tabletop props, large light up letters and shapes. This would be such a fabulous addition to any wedding reception. You can match the letters/numbers/symbols/shapes to your theme and the bulbs can also be changed to match your colour scheme. I only wish *The Word is Love* had been around for our wedding! Just imagine how fantastic the photos would be! I just love that Suzy’s and Ollie’s creativity and imagination initiated this and now they are providing that ‘wedding wow factor’ for many other couples.
For more information on available props, please see *The Word is Love Catalogue*
The lovely Suzy from *The Word is Love* has kindly offered to provide today’s *Pearls of Wedding Wisdom*. Prepare to be wowed by some spectacular photos!
* How did ‘The Word is Love’ begin?
It all came about when Ollie and I were planning our own wedding last year, within 9 months of planning we were Pinterest obsessed and had everything on our boards! The only thing that we couldn’t find was the large light up LOVE letters. We are a creative couple and decided we could make them ourselves. We made LOVE and our initials with an ampersand (S & O) and the rest is history.
We now have a warehouse full of letters. The alphabet twice over and 5 sets of LOVE and a NEON set, tons of extra props and we are not planning on stopping with big plans for 2015.
* Where do you get your inspiration from?
Ourselves! Well, we obviously read blogs and look through Pinterest – we have our favourite sites and look at what other countries are doing. Instagram is a big inspiration for us as we can see what other people are doing in Australia, America and see what trends are coming our way. We are do’ers, so once we have our mind set on something we don’t stop until its made. Our customers, particularly brides, are our inspiration too, if there is something that a bride or groom wants that we don’t supply, we will make it. Our motto is ‘always say yes and figure the rest out later’! And it’s always figured out for us!
* What can ‘The Word is Love’ offer to couples?
Well we can let the Wedding Awards tell you that one, we recently won the award for ‘Best Special Touch’. We offer Brides and Grooms the finishing touch to their wedding day.
A unique photograph – check out these first dances for example – how boring would the dancefloor be without some letters or some added sparkle and wow!
It’s a very new idea and with more products coming out all the time, our customers get to experience first hand our new creations. We have a light up table plan and easel where brides and grooms can either stick their table plan onto the mirror or write on it with chalk pens. We have Tabletop Letters spelling out Mr & Mrs, LOVE or CAKE for the cake table.
They look beautiful on mantelpieces or to jazz up the lonely card table!
We love romance and like to create a fun space for couples and their friends and family to have photographs taken- a point of interest and the start of a conversation.
But not only do we supply the letters, the bride and groom get to personalise them if they wish – with matching coloured bulbs to their theme or to hire the vintage golf ball clear bulbs which are a favourite.
* What different styles of illuminated products do you offer?
Letters, Mirrored Table Plan on Easel, Festoon lights, Large light up heart, Large Light up Star, Table Top Mr & Mrs/CAKE/LOVE, exclamation mark, Neon LOVE Neon Heart, Hashtag, Little Letters (50cm) to purchase for after your wedding as a gift or hearts and stars to purchase.
* How can ‘The Word is Love’ feature at a wedding? How can products be personalised?
The bride and groom get to personalise them if they wish – with matching coloured Fairground cabochon bulbs to their theme or to hire the vintage golf ball clear bulbs which are a favourite.
* How can ‘The Word is Love’ enhance your wedding photos?
First dance pictures, cake cutting or outside features on a hot day.
* How far in advance of the wedding should couples order their light up letters?
Couples have their priorities – obviously the venue needs to be booked, the photographer is a biggy and many more. Couples know if this is something that they want- it is like an impulse buy ‘you have to have it’, a lot of brides and grooms book 1-2 years in advance just to get it ticked off their list.
Others decide that they have money left in their budget and our best special touch is something they wish to hire. I would say busy weekends – bank holidays, valentines day, special days (even July the 4th!) and xmas get booked very quickly. I would always say book early to avoid disappointment but if it’s a last minute decision and we are available that’s even more exciting!
Is there anything couples should consider when ordering light up letters?
If your venue has the space is one thing. Another consideration is with tipi and marquee weddings, just make sure there is sturdy enough ground. At the end of the day they are free standing props; just be aware with children around. However, they are at every wedding, it doesn’t stop you having a good time, just be sensible!
* What are your top three tips for using light up letters at a wedding?
* Have them in a place where there can be photo opportunities (that’s what you’ve paid for right?)
* Be unique – you can have whatever word you like, not just LOVE: choose ‘MR & MRS P’ or ‘THE SMITHS!’ or ‘MR & MRS DIAMOND’!!
* Have them work for you- match your theme! Change the colour of the bulbs, If you have initials H ♥ K on your stationary, use this. If you call yourselves AJ & TJ have these, have fun with the letters, ask for something you want that you can’t find – we will most probably make it for you!
* If you are not getting married but would love to use light up letters – at what other occasions and how could you use them?
We hire out our props to so many different companies below are just a few:
* Birthdays– we have all the numbers and they look great! Especially with our exclamation mark!
* Corporate Do’s – we created a hashtag for this very reason! #Legends is a personal favourite!
* Charity events and themed parties
Most recently we have done the CAFT BALL- NEW YORK- the theme was actually Fairytale of new York!
Hollywood is a popular favourite, glamourous girlies love this!
* Window Displays– We love to be in windows!! We have been in The Flower Shop in Didsbury for Valentines Day with LOVE; a lot of anniversary window displays – number 10 for vanilla in Hale, 25 for an accountants. And photography shops showcasing our little props. Even Belle Époque with FLEUR during the Tatton RHS show.
We have done Christenings, and Bat/Bar Mitzvahs using initials, and birthdays with EMMA 21 or EMILIA ⋆ (Star)
A huge thanks to *The Word is Love* for providing today’s *Pearls of Wedding Wisdom*, we are certainly feeling wedding inspired! The light up letters would be such a glitzy and personalised addition to your wedding. Just think of those incredible photos!! *Sparkle Pearls and Lace* is always happy to feature sparkle and *The Word is Love* provides the ‘ultimate wedding sparkle’.
If you have been ‘wedding wowed’, please CONTACT *The Word is Love* for more information.
With thanks to the wonderful photography of:
* Jonny Draper – http://www.jonnydraper.co.uk/
* Richard Milnes – http://www.richardmilnesblog.com/
* Shell De Mar – http://www.shelldemar.com/
* Lesley Meredith – http://blog.lesleymeredith.co.uk/
* Cotton Candy – http://www.cottoncandyweddings.co.uk/
* Neil Redfern – http://www.neilredfern.com/
* Cristiano Ostinelli – http://www.ostinellicristiano.com/
* DSB Creative – http://www.dsbcreative.com/
* Chris Freer – http://freerimages.co.uk/
Still to come | Balloontastic with Bubblegum Balloons